Coach Sam Stella
Coach Sam Stella is the owner of Summit Steps Coaching, LLC. He has been involved in endurance sports since 2007 when he completed his first 5k and has since finished 3 Ironman. His journey to become an Ironman is a story that in itself motivates people to achieve more than they every thought possible. Just 6 months before his first 5k Sam was 350 lbs. Without getting into the details you can see he will help you get past obstacles or sticking points whether it’s getting you thought your first triathlon or taking time off your previous Ironman finishes he is the right guy.
Phone: (224) 800-1406
Home Town: Volo, Illinois
Coverage: Coaches athletes throughout the United States
Years of Multisport Experience: 8+
Triathlon and Multisport Coaching Credentials:
- USAT Level I Certified Coach
- Accomplished triathlete since 2009
- Personal weight loss of 150 lbs.
- Three time Ironman finisher
- Six half Ironman finishes
- Five time marathon finisher
- Ten half marathon
- Personal motivation Ironman journey
I believe that anyone can improve their physical abilities and reach summits that seem impossible to them by just taking a series of small steps one after the other. That journey to reach new heights and goals is easier obtained when we choose to ask for help and look to sources that have walked the journey before them. At Summit Steps Coaching we want to be your guide to new experiences and achievements never thought possible.
Coach Sam has been helping athletes achieve personal fitness goals since 2007 and has recently became a USA Triathlon Certified Level I Coach to better serve his athletes. His personal journey into endurance sports has taught him a lot and has had to overcome many hurdles starting at 350 lbs. Sam right from the start educated himself on the proper training because he knows being a larger athlete he would need to train right to be able to make it to race day. This experience has allowed him to relate to athletes of all abilities and give him a personal confidence that anyone can achieve the next summit with the proper steps. Sam currently focusing training athletes in the Midwest but can work with athletes throughout the United States.
- 3 time Wisconsin Ironman finisher
- Augusta, GA. 70.3 Half Ironman
- 2 time Racine, WI 70.3 Half Ironman Finisher
- 2 time High Cliff 70.3 Half Ironman Finisher
- 3 time Chicago Marathon Finisher
- Many of Half Marathons throughout the US.
- Personal transformation weight loss of over 150 lbs.
- 350 lb 4 year journey from SofaMan to Ironman